Re: Table default settings

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Sep 2005 09:04:26 -0700

FC wrote:
> hi all:
> I am tring to find where to modify the default table settings in
> Oracle. I have a tablespace with two tables associated with it. I want
> to change the default settings for my two tables in this tablespace
> without affecting the tables in other tablespaces. Where do I modify
> the default table settings in Oracle?
>
> Thanks in advace,
>
> FC

Version of Oracle???

Is your tablespace locally managed or dictionary managed?

What, specifically, do you want to change? Why?

If your tablespace is locally managed (and it really should be) the 'default' table settings come from the tablespace definition. If your tables are already created, as you indicated they are, then their settings are pretty much what they are, though some can be changed.

As to 'where' to make changes .... assuming the (unspecified) changes you want to make can be made at this point, I'd make the changes in SQL*Plus, using standard ALTER commands. For certain changes, it might be best to create a new tablespace, and re-create the tables there. Received on Tue Sep 06 2005 - 11:04:26 CDT