Re: Reduce or shrink the physical size of a text index

From: Pratap <pratap_fin_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 6 Sep 2005 01:33:49 -0700

  1. May be you sync your index too often. In that case use should optimize the index from time to time (See API for optimization). You can do this online and this will reduce the size of the index by eliminating the duplicate tokens in the $I table
  2. Use compress 2 for $I indexes. Don't fire the alter on the $I table directly. See the docs for how to do this for text indexes
  3. See if your stoplist is intact. You may wish to introduce more noice words in the stoplist by analyzing your data (You won't be able to search using these words though)

Regards,
Pratap Received on Tue Sep 06 2005 - 03:33:49 CDT