9iR2 RAC on Red Hat AS 3.0

From: Daud <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Sep 2005 22:07:29 -0700

Hi,

I was reading the step by step RAC installation on Linux and have a question on OCFS.

Q. Do I have to put all my oracle files in one mount point only? I saw this step:

If you are using OCFS or NFS, launch DBCA with the -datafileDestination option and point to the shared location where Oracle datafiles will be stored. Example:

        % cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin
        % dbca -datafileDestination /ocfs/oradata

>From what I understand, the above means I can only have 1 location for
my datafiles. Or can I specify multiple locations?

Q. Once I have create the mount point, will I be able to use normal unix commands to create directory, files etc.?

Thanks!

regards,
Daud Received on Tue Sep 06 2005 - 00:07:29 CDT