Re: Oracle 8 on Windows XP

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:59:25 +0200

User wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've installed the Oracle 8 (Server) for Windows NT on Windows XP Pro
> and I get an information that the Strtdb80.exe encountered a problem
> and will be closed.
> Is there any patch or anything else that would let me use the Oracle
> on WindowsXP?
>
> Regards
> User

Yes there is (anything else): It's called a supported version and can be obtained at your local oracle sales rep. If it is for test or selfeducation alone, you can get it also at

http://otn.oracle.com

Follow the download link and choose a version more current (9i or above). 10g Release 2 is brand new, so new that at the moment my browser just shows the Developer's Release for windows (which is just Oracle's way to call a public beta).

Cheers,
Holger Received on Mon Sep 05 2005 - 11:59:25 CDT