Re: Question: RMAN - Getting closer...

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Sep 2005 16:38:21 -0700

Fair enough.

Here is what the ORACLE tech said when I opened the TAR. I've done as he suggested, and am not getting errors. Seems nls_date_format isn't my issue.

It's not quite doing what I want it to yet (it's still doing a complete recovery instead of a PIT recovery), but I'll run through my process again next week to be sure what's happening.

Format in NLS has nothing to do with RMAN recovery. Point in time recovery syntax for date is 'yyyy-mm-dd:hh:mi:ss'

Use the set until clause.

run {
allocate channel dev2 type disk;
allocate auxiliary channel dev1 type disk; set until time "to_date('SEP 01 2005 09:40:00','Mon DD YYYY HH24:MI:SS')";
restore tablespace small_tables_2;
}