9iR2 RAC on HP

From: Daud <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Sep 2005 04:25:42 -0700

Hi

We are planning to set up a 2-node 9iR2 RAC on machines running HPUX11i v1. We now have to choose between RAW and file system.

Q1. Is it true that if we would like to get a file system for storage of oracle files, we would need to purchase a third party CFS ... eg. from Veritas? Normal HP file system will not work?

Q2. If we decide to use RAW, do we need to purchase MC/Service Guard in order to be able to mount the volume groups for oracle files in shared mode in both servers? Or do we need to get MC/Service Guard with Extension for RAC? Some people said I dont need Service Guard at all while a few others said I need Service Guard with Ext for RAC. Which is true?

Thanks.

Daud Received on Fri Sep 02 2005 - 06:25:42 CDT