Oracle XMLType "Desc" command not working on tables

From: <nathan.harris_at_reuters.com>
Date: 2 Sep 2005 01:32:36 -0700

Hi,

I have created the following XMLType table based on a local schema using the following syntax.

BEGIN
DBMS_XMLSCHEMA.registerURI('http://localhost:8080/public/contact_simple.xsd','/public/contact_simple.xsd',LOCAL=>TRUE, GENTYPES=>TRUE, GENBEAN=>FALSE, GENTABLES=>TRUE); END; This command executes succesfully and I can see the table has indeed been created. However when I issue the command "Desc" to find out what's in this beast - I get an error message "object x not found".

This is really bugging me and I just cant understand where I have gone wrong.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Nathan Received on Fri Sep 02 2005 - 03:32:36 CDT