Re: problem with universal installer, ora 9i server on XP

From: barneytoe <barneytoe_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Aug 2005 10:47:29 -0700

What a nightmare. Now I've uninstalled the ora10 client, cleaned registry, restarted.

Also verified that ora9 install unpacks its own versions of java, both 1.3 and 1.1. So my many versions of java shouldn't matter. To be safe, removed all my javas from path, so that when I type "java -version" it finds nothing.

Instead of ora9 server, just trying ora9 client now. Downloaded from oracle web site today (92010NT_CLT.zip - the 32 bit version) and still same error: "There was a problem in accessing the staging area". The staging area is the default, C:\Documents and Settings\myuser\My Documents\Downloads\stage\products.jar.

Thought maybe this path too long, so moved to C:\stage\products.jar to no avail.

What in God's name can be going on here?

chris Received on Wed Aug 31 2005 - 12:47:29 CDT