Re: How do I change the interpreted decimal character in an external table file

From: Jaap W. van Dijk <j.w.vandijk.removethis_at_hetnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:26:03 +0200

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:07:47 +0200, Fabrizio <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com> wrote:

> ACCESS PARAMETERS
> ( records delimited by newline
> badfile admin_bad_dir:'foo_sa%a_%p.bad'
> logfile admin_log_dir:'foo_sa%a_%p.log'
> CHARACTERSET ITALIAN_ITALY.WE8MSWIN1252

Fabrizio,

The string you are specifying after CHARACTERSET is not avalid characterset value, but a valid value for NLS_LANG. I wonder how Oracle could be okay with this value.
If this is an undocumented feature I understand how this would change the interpretation of the decimal character.

Jaap. Received on Wed Aug 31 2005 - 12:26:03 CDT