Re: kill query w/o killing session?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:56:11 GMT

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:46:01 -0700, susana73 wrote:

> I've been using "alter system kill session 'sid,serial';" to kill
> sessions. Now I am wondering is there a way to kill just the query of
> a session/sid without killing the session/sid itself? Or is it simply
> not recommended?

Kill the client with kill -HUP or kill -INT and write a signal handler which will cancel any outstanding calls with OCIBreak() and resume the session. That can be done if the application is your own, not with sqlplus. With DBI you can disconnect the handle and immediately reconnect, thus simulating the desired behavior.

--
http://www.mgogala.com