Re: When should I reorg?

From: Matthias Kleinicke <Matthias.Kleinicke_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:53:40 +0200

Hello,

wardellcastles schrieb:
> At what point should a reorganization of a table be considered?
Reorg of the table is not needed most time as others have pointed at.

> I have a table that has 48 extents, and two indexes of 77 and 23
> extents each. The time required to read this table sequentially has
> dropped significantly recently after many new rows were added.
More important it seems to look at the indexes.

  1. Why is Index 1 significant bigger then the table? Maybe there was a lot of delete before inserts. if so the index should be rebuild.
  2. Are the indexes used?

hth

Matthias Received on Tue Aug 30 2005 - 16:53:40 CDT