Re: MERGE COMMAND WITH DECODE AND INNER SELECT

From: srini <srini.upp_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 Aug 2005 13:04:08 -0700

Reversing the DBLINK, has done the trick. MERGE command ran successfully, and the decode function below evaluates to 'Y' as well as 'N' based on the data.
DECODE( NVL(p.ELEC_PYMT_FEE_ID,0),0,'Y', 'N') AS ABND_ELEC_PYMT_FEE_IN

Intially the select/join of data was done locally(production database with large volumes of data) which was runnning on ORACLE 9i version patch level 4. and data was pushed remotely to reporting database which is ORACLE 9i version patch level 5. in other words the MERGE command was executed on production database.

I tried reversing the DBLINK, to execute the MERGE command on the reporting database, and MEREG command ran sucessfully.

Now my concern is(as i do more tests) the impact on performance, because now I am pulling data from a remote database as opposed to pushing it earlier.Thoughts ? Received on Tue Aug 30 2005 - 15:04:08 CDT