problem with universal installer, ora 9i server on XP

From: barneytoe <barneytoe_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 Aug 2005 10:52:22 -0700

I have ora 10 client installed on my XP laptop and it works fine. I don't want to uninstall it.

Now trying to install ora9i server but the silly installer is behaving strange. It comes up with default destination name and path of this:

Name: OraClient10g_home1

I'm trying to change it so that it will install anywhere BUT here, but it won't let me. I try this:

Name: OraHome9i

And I see this error message:

There was a problem in accessing the staging area.

ORACLE_HOME is NOT defined in my env vars, FYI.

thanks.

chris Received on Tue Aug 30 2005 - 12:52:22 CDT