Re: how to alter a sysdba privileged user on RAC?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:38:45 GMT

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:58:49 -0700, DA Morgan wrote:

> Supposed to be that way.
>
> BTW: Oracle is likely dropping support for OCFS in a near-term
> future release. You might want to start looking at RAW and ASM.

Or to look into Red Hat's GFS, VxFS (Veritas) or Polyserve solutions. ASM is just a volume manager, and the very first generation at that. We all know how stable and reliable is that. Oracle 9i is a complete disaster as far as reliability and bug fixing is concerned. That is probably the absolute low of Oracle Corp., before version 10, of course. I wouldn't entrust my data to ASM just yet. OCFS sucks anyway.

--
http://www.mgogala.com