Re: ORA-28547 error with OCILogon

From: Dave <solomons_dad.w.marks_and_whom_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:21:07 +0100

milkyway wrote:
> Hello out there,
>
> I am using Oracle 10.0 OCI calling interface. When running the example
> of the bulk loading, I come across an Oracle error
> ORA-28547.

First thing to check is the configuration - in the same shell, from the same place, run sqlplus scott/tiger_at_dev. Don't telnet to the server and run sqlplus locally - that's not the same thing.

If your config is duff then sqlplus should fail in the same way.

If it doesn't, then it's either a bug or a programming error. Post a *minimal* reproduceable test program, that shows the problem in the *least possible* amount of code (should be possible in less than 10 lines of code, seeing as the failure is on OCILogon) for further investigation.

Dave. Received on Tue Aug 30 2005 - 04:21:07 CDT