Removing Apostraphes From Uploaded Attachment Files

From: <redrobot5050_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Aug 2005 13:21:26 -0700

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with an Oracle Web Application written using the PL/SQL cartridge (mod_pl) and Oracle 9i as a backend. As part of the application, we are uploading files into the database. For handling upload and download of files, we are using the Oracle package: wpg_docload (.download_file and upload_file, respectively).

Our problem: When the file name of the uploaded document contains an apostraphe/single quote ( ' ) the program seems to choke, and produces an oracle error. We think the apostraphe/single quote is escaping the Oracle generated SQL statement. Is there some way that we can strip out this apostraphe from the file name before the file is inserted into the database?

I have tried using a before insert trigger, however, the oracle attachments table contains a long raw, and so cannot be used in row-level triggers.

Thanks for any help / advice! Received on Mon Aug 29 2005 - 15:21:26 CDT