Re: NewBie question: 9i query runs slower than same query on 8i?

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 01:08:42 GMT

paulhux174_at_hotmail.com wrote in

> I've a Oracle 9i db installed on a server elsewhere.
> I've a program that runs a query using ODBC.
>
> I installed oracle 8i (OraHome8i ODBC) on my machine and run the
> program - works fine.
>
> I then install oracle 9i on my machine. then run the program using the
> 9i driver (OraHome9i ODBC)and the query takes about 5 times as long.
> The query hasn't changed.
>
> What do I need to change in 9i setup or configuration to get it to run
> the same as 8i.

All we know is in one case a query on V8 run faster "than the same query" against V9.

You changes boxes.
The DBs are really NOT the same. (They contain the same data.) Run SQL_TRACE & generate EXPLAIN_PLANS on both & post the results here. Then maybe can assist with determining the source of the slow down.

CBO or RBO?

Does V9 have current statistics? Received on Sun Aug 28 2005 - 20:08:42 CDT