Re: Asynchronous Commit in Oracle Database 10g R2

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:51:31 GMT

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 14:30:26 -0700, fitzjarrell interested us by writing:

> Committing a transaction in a manner which
> may or may not get it to the redo logs is questionable and deserves
> CAREFUL thought and consideration before implementation.

AND yet .... when loading a warehouse, or any place in which all transactions are repeatable, this might be perfectly acceptable. If the system crashed during a bulk load, wipe and restart might be better than recovery.

As you state eelsewhere in your reply, it requires careful consideration and an awareness of what is right for the application.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com