Re: Script for performing clean shutdown before windows shutdown

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 27 Aug 2005 06:42:48 -0700

Andreas Sheriff wrote:
...snipped...
> > Again, this is surprising advice from a professed OCP.
>
> OCP, 6 years Oracle experience and twelve years programming experience with
> all kinds of languages and operating systems.
>
> Again, this is surprising advice form a professed Oracle Professional
> without credentials.

That I choose to NOT wear my 'credentials' on my sleeve is of no concern to you, nor is it any indication I have none. I, also, am an Oracle Certified Professional, with over 17 years of professional Oracle database administration experience. Your questions have been answered in the documentation and in this newsgroup many times before, and your rationale has fallen on its face more than once. I stand by the statements I made; it's sad you can't argue a point with fact rather than with personal insults.

My comments on your OCP 'credentials' were not made as insults, merely as commentary on your 'apparent' knowledge of the database system and your willingness to accept fallacious argument as fact.

I believe an apology is in order.

> >> --
> >>
> >> Andreas Sheriff
> >> Oracle 9i Certified Professional
> >> Oracle 10g Certified Professional
> >> Oracle 9i Certified PL/SQL Developer
> >> ----
> >> "If you don't eat your meat, you cannot have any pudding.
> >> "How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat?"
> >>
> >> DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL
> >> Reply only to the group.
> >

> > David FItzjarrell
> >

> --
> Andreas
> Oracle 9i Certified Professional
> Oracle 10g Certified Professional
> Oracle 9i Certified PL/SQL Developer
>

> "If you don't eat your meat, you cannot have any pudding.
> "How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!?!"
> ---
>
> WARNING:
> DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL
> Reply to me only on this newsgroup

David Fitzjarrell Received on Sat Aug 27 2005 - 08:42:48 CDT