Re: slightly off topic - "break" a database

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 26 Aug 2005 16:44:34 -0700

I thought it was pretty funny, but then again I'm an old fan of BOFH. I can certainly think of nastier things to do to a db.

As several have pointed out the setting and context are determinate. If bdbafh and his friend are indeed friends, it would be more of a problem to have an inflexible policy forbidding such things. Companies spend thousands on (often stupid IMO) team building exercises to try to build up camaraderie that allows such personal interplay. After implementing ridiculous policies that work against team building, not to mention wiping out morale with downsizings and budget cuts.

I wouldn't think it was so funny if it were my laptop. Or maybe I would, and would retaliate heh heh heh. I guess it would be nice to have friends.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050824/news_1n24jamul.html