Re: Asynchronous Commit in Oracle Database 10g R2

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:21:14 GMT

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:42:25 -0700, orauser interested us by writing:

> Dear Gurus,
>
> Just read this article about "Asynchronous Commit in Oracle Database
> 10g R2" on
> http://itzkdb.blogspot.com/2005/08/asynchronous-commit-in-oracle-database.html
> .
>
> Can some of you comment whether all the information/warnings given in
> this article are true?

Look at the Oracle Database 10g Release 2 SQL Reference manual, under COMMIT and the reference to the App Developer's Guide and decide for yourself.

<rant>
Funny thing is that Oracle provides caveats, but the typical developer will not both to look at them. And then wonders why things don't go the way expected. (Whose fault is that?)
</rant>

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com