Re: slightly off topic - "break" a database

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 00:44:25 GMT

Mark D Powell wrote:

> You should find a book on business ethics and read it.
>
> You might also want to find a book on humor. It might help you develop
> a better since of humor.
>
> Finally if you have paid any attention to the posts on this board you
> should have noticed that the majority of helpful people on this board
> use their real name to sign their posts.
>
> IMHO -- Mark D Powell --

On the other hand, the colleague whose laptop was so totally vulnerable deserves some blame as well, unless it was a production system (a laptop?) and he was forced by company policy to allow administrative access to others against his/her better judgment.

If the change was announced as a surprise disaster recovery exercise then I wouldn't have a problem with it. What a difference an up-front statement of intention makes (not to mention written authorization). Look up the Randal Schwartz vs. Intel case from ten years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randal_L._Schwartz

Finally, the people who figured out who Omlet was certainly won't have any trouble identifying the Bastard DBA From Hell, since he posts under (what looks like) a real name on other forums.

-Mark Bole Received on Thu Aug 25 2005 - 19:44:25 CDT