Re: MERGE COMMAND WITH DECODE AND INNER SELECT

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 25 Aug 2005 14:49:53 -0700

srini wrote:
> hi David,
>
> I tried executing the MERGE command locally(without the DBLINK), and
> MERGE works like a charm.
> DECODE( NVL(p.ELEC_PYMT_FEE_ID,0),0,'Y­­', 'N') AS
> ABND_ELEC_PYMT_FEE_IN.
> decode function above evaluates correctly.
> I am novice to ORACLE/SQL, can you suggest ways of fixing this issue ?
> Is there any alternative to DBLINK, any property that need to be set on
> the DBLINK ?
>
> Thanks again.

My first suggestion is to patch to at least 9.2.0.6 for both instances.  Presuming you have no SQL*Net issues changing the tnsnames.ora file may cause problems in other areas in an attempt to fix the dblink issue. Also have the DBA peruse Metalink to find possible bugs in 9.2.0.4 affecting dblinks and any one-off patches that may be available to correct those bugs. These bugs may be fixed in 9.2.0.6 so patching to that level may correct the problem.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Aug 25 2005 - 16:49:53 CDT