Re: Help! 9.0.2 dead!

From: none <tpcolson_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Aug 2005 05:45:32 -0700

Here is some sql output:

SQL> select * from v$log;

    GROUP# THREAD# SEQUENCE# BYTES MEMBERS ARC STATUS ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---

FIRST_CHANGE# FIRST_TIM
------------- ---------
         1          1        254  104857600          1 NO  INVALIDATED
     32176128 18-AUG-05

         2          1        252  104857600          1 YES INACTIVE
     31619872 15-AUG-05

         3          1        253  104857600          1 YES INACTIVE
     31897856 17-AUG-05

SQL> Listener and the database are starting in services, the DB is mounting at least.....

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~tpcolson/alert_hydro.txt

yes, archive logging is enabled, and every single archive log since install date is available. I'm thinking though, that I should not use the archive log files for the "crash date" (aug 18) and the day before? The data I'm interested in hasn't been edited since late july.

as far as my backup strategy goes....I think I've got enough grief on that, lesson learned. Needless to say, I'm out of the DBA business, I shouldn't be doing this in the first place, not enough time to plan field work, teach class, walk the dog, and sleep.....This was never intended to be a production server, but it worked so well we somehow started relying on it....

"Files don't disappear like that, even on Windows :-)". See pervious post about suspicious malicious activity. The renaming of the guest account to "owned" is my first clue.....

No faulty disk. This is all on a Raid 10 array. They all check out. Received on Thu Aug 25 2005 - 07:45:32 CDT