export/import

From: bards <bards1888_at_yahoo.com.au.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 04:09:54 GMT

Hello all,

just a quick one hopefully....

If I perform a full export of a database on version 8.1.7 and then perform a full import of that resultant file to a 10.1.0.3 database which has already been created and contains all the relevant tablespaces etc, is it sufficient to set "IGNORE=Y" and "DESTROY=N" to force the rest of the import to populate the ALREADY CREATED 10g tablespaces etc ?

Will this in any way affect the 8.1.7 datafiles or tablespaces ?

I dont think so but I'm a bit rusty on this stuff.

Thanks.

Bards. Received on Wed Aug 24 2005 - 23:09:54 CDT