enable query rewrite fails

From: Christian Bang <cbang_at_REMOVEMEbeautec.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:04:01 +0200

Hi,
I'm trying to create a materialized view with with query rewrite but this fails. (Oracle 9.2, enterprise edition)

CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW my_matview
  ENABLE QUERY REWRITE
  AS
SELECT * FROM mytable;

=> ORA-00439: Feature not enabled: Materialized View Rewrite

If I don't use ENABLE QUERY REWRITE, it works. I tried everything I found:

- set QUERY_REWRITE_ENABLED=true
- set OPTIMIZER_MODE=all_rows
- set GRANT GLOBAL QUERY REWRITE ...

shortly, I followed all hints form
http://www.lc.leidenuniv.nl/awcourse/oracle/server.920/a96520/qr.htm Of course I restarted the DB after setting the values.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Christian Received on Wed Aug 24 2005 - 09:04:01 CDT