Oracle 9.2 on Solaris.

From: <spam.sink_at_volcanomail.com>
Date: 24 Aug 2005 00:31:27 -0700

Hi there!

I am about to waste an entire weekend going through kernel parameters with a fine toothcombe, Solaris patch levels, reinstalling Oracle 9.2 on a Blade 1000 with 2Gb RAM running Solaris 2.8, etc, etc.

However before I do this can anyone tell me why the following occurs? The Oracle install reports that it installed successfully.

Is there anyway to list the shared memory realms on Solaris?

The Oracle documentation states something like "Can not connect to shared memory becuase the shared memory realm can not be found" or something else blindingly obvious.. Really, really useful. Makes me want to consider PostgreSQL.. Most Oracle books are Windows centric.. My user id on hotmail is regan_russell which gets piles of spam already.. I don't need anymore.

bash-2.03$ sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Tue Aug 23 07:59:59 2005

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Enter user-name: SYSMAN
Enter password:
ERROR:
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory

Enter user-name: Received on Wed Aug 24 2005 - 02:31:27 CDT