Re: Oracle partitioning

From: Billy <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 23 Aug 2005 23:13:09 -0700

Oxnard wrote:

> I would tend to want use the multipule instances solution even though it
> does induce more load on the host than a vpdb would. Trust me on this one:
> no 2 customers are going to want to do things the same way for a long time.
> One will come up with some other requirement which may or may not break the
> VPDB.
That depends on numerous factors such as the how well the product is designed, customer expectations, how the product is sold, the type of agreement entered into with the customers.

You run a hosting/buro type of service and you think that you can tailor make the product for each customer that comes along, and cater for each and every customer whim?

Trust me on this one. You -will- fail.

--
Billy