Re: Possible to force an index UNIQUE SCAN in a join ??

From: Spendius <spendius_at_muchomail.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2005 04:16:26 -0700

> How are you currently analyzing your tables?
I did a simple ANALYZE TABLE ESTIMATE STATISTICS.

>> Of course an index declared unique exists on table 2.

> And? Are you under the impression that as long as there
> is an index on some column, it doesn't really matter which
> column it is?

The index is created ON the column that I use in my WHERE clauses of course. Sorry I didn't mention this fact...

As I said I can't get an explain plan with a UNIQUE SCAN in my join predicate, it always displays a FAST SCAN. I only get a UNIQUE SCAN when I explicitly specify a value for this column.

Thanks. Received on Tue Aug 23 2005 - 06:16:26 CDT