Re: Moving from Oracle 8i on Windows to 10G on RH Linux

From: Robert Klemme <bob.news_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:44:58 +0200

ronnie_yours_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Thanks Daniel,
>
> The reason we are thinking of Linux is because we are having issues
> with oracle on windows. We are hitting the 1.7G thread limit with
> windows and my understanding is that it wont be an issue with linux.

IMHO it's more correctly referred to as "process limit", isn't it? Also, AFAIK Oracle can be made to start several processes that share part of their mem. That might be a way to circumvent the limit.

> We have to reboot the server once a week or else it crashes by itself
> when it 1.7G on the oracle.exe thread.

Can't you adjust memory settings so Oracle doesn't take more?

Kind regards

    robert Received on Mon Aug 22 2005 - 10:44:58 CDT