Instance name in 9i RAC

From: Amar <amarsingh125_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Aug 2005 23:31:59 -0700

Hi Everyone,
If i create a DB in RAC using DBCA then we just give the name of the DB in DBCA, then how does the DBCA gets the instance_name from. For eg if my db name is racdb then what will be the isntance name on the nodes, does it depends upon the oracle_sid varialbe set in the profile in unix??? or is it something else from where a instance name is picked up.

Regards,
Amar. Received on Mon Aug 22 2005 - 01:31:59 CDT