Re: Telling RMAN that some archive logs are not needed after consistent backup

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:04:50 GMT

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 22:45:36 +0200, Sybrand Bakker interested us by writing:

> General pointer: once you start using RMAN you need to use RMAN to
> backup your archivelogs and delete them after backup.

Agreed - for 'normal operations'.

With 9i RMAN does support managing the catalog manually to add and delete those files that have been handled outside the RMAN environment. And users are clearly encouraged to crosscheck regularily.

Your comment about reading the manual, however, is still valid.

To OP ... at least [re]read the 'Recovery Manager Quick Reference' manual. <g>

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com