Telling RMAN that some archive logs are not needed after consistent backup

From: <thtsang_yh_at_yahoo.com.hk>
Date: 20 Aug 2005 13:11:33 -0700

I have a database in archivelog mode. After making a consistent backup with RMAN, I deleted all archived log files. New RMAN complaints that it cannot find the archived logs when I do a 'backup archivelog all'.

How do I tell RMAN not to care about those archived logs? I think I can cheat RMAN using the CATALOG command to claim that I backed up them manually. But is there any better method? Or I should give a the 'backup archivelog' command a range for all future backup?

Thanks Received on Sat Aug 20 2005 - 15:11:33 CDT