Re: SGA size.

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 22:22:11 GMT

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:34:49 -0700, TB interested us by writing:

> Are there seperate SGAs for test and prod, or is the SGA for all of
> Oracle and no matter how many data bases you are running, the SGA is
> shared by all?
>
> I hope I'm making at least some sense, I'm not a DBA so forgive me if
> this is a stupid question.

Each instance has it's own SGA.

Most common performance-has-changed issue I see is people adding "just one more instance" because the server has disk space. Then they wonder why all the instances tank. And a 30 second investigation is that the whole system as gone into heavy swapping or paging.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com