instrumentation

From: prunoki <hegyvari_at_ardents.hu>
Date: 19 Aug 2005 03:45:31 -0700

Hello,

I am trying to set up an instrumentation strategy for our application. The instrumentation pieces will be in the production environment as well to help diagnosing. What we have so far used is a table and an autonomous procedure to write into the table. Some developers use it, some don't. My requirements:

So far so good, this can be fairly generally written and added to the existing code base. I am also thinking about a second option to log the parameters and the returned values too. I would like to implement this with the minimum difficulty, particularly I do not wish to "hand-code" a logging call for every existing procedure and function. Any ideas?

One idea is to generate the calls from pl/sql by reading the data dictionary and cut/paste the result into the code.

Any ideas?

Hegyvari Krisztian Received on Fri Aug 19 2005 - 05:45:31 CDT