Re: CTXSYS schema

From: Fabrizio <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:32:14 +0200

chloe.crowder_at_bl.uk wrote:
> We're running 817 under Solaris.
>
> Circumstances are forcing us to drop the DRSYS tablespace. The only
> thing in it is the CTXSYS schema, which was installed by a third party
> and isn't required in the current version of their software. Since
> there's nothing (apparently) useful in it we're happy to drop it and
> re-create it in the future if we have to (my boss assures me we can't
> export/import or move the schema because of LOBS).
>
> Is there a script anywhere in the installation to re-create the schema?
> There didn't seem anything obvious...
>
> Chloe Crowder
> The British Library

Connected as sys:

It will recreate CTXSYS user.

Connect as CTXSYS and uses the scripts:

$ORACLE_HOME/ctx/admin/dr0inst.sql <libctxx9.so location> $ORACLE_HOME/ctx/admin/defaults/drdefus.sql

for recreating the schema objects.

By the way: LOB can be exported/imported. I export the CTXSYS schema every night even on my old 8.1.7.4...

--
Fabrizio Magni

fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com

replace mycontinent with europe