Re: About to start classses for Oracle DBA.... Will I be able to get a job

From: <richard.hawks_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Aug 2005 15:11:23 -0700

First allow me to say thanks to all who have posted a response thus far..... this is the information that I am definitely seeking for...... So let me see if I am understanding...... Let's say I was to follow thru on the Oracle DBA track but also add in some additional UNIX classes to learn UNIX inside and out and then also add in the classes to get proficient in PL/SQL. And all of this being coupled with me having one of my PCs at home running a linux OS that I can do additional experimentation on. then I should at least be able to get my foot in the door at between 45k to 55k. I am in Dallas, Texas by the way...... is this a pretty good assumption...... I have to take some pre requisites this first semester so I want to be able to put together a path that will be able to yield me a job in the market upon completion........ or as one of the prior posts stated find a job as a student assistant at the school and work for free..... Wonderful tip by the way.......

thanks again to all again
am I thinking in the right direction???? or should I go for the SQL server stuff first then go into the Oracle DBA track with the extras that I mentioned...... Received on Thu Aug 18 2005 - 17:11:23 CDT