Re: undo tablespace keeps growing, why can't I reclaim space?

From: Doug <dougburns_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Aug 2005 15:01:20 -0700

"I think there is also a bug where SMON is cleaning up a segment at the same time a user session is assigned to it. At this point, it goes 'pear shaped' to quote a friend, and may crash the instance. I can't recall the exact bug, though. "

I hit this problem - see

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_frm/thread/bf37c94eec10d729/1306bb3cc568faee?lnk=st&q=Doug+Burns+SMU&rnum=1#1306bb3cc568faee

and

http://doug.burns.tripod.com/oracle/index.blog?entry_id=1076486

Cheers,

Doug Received on Wed Aug 17 2005 - 17:01:20 CDT