NLS_LANG

From: Amar <amarsingh125_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Aug 2005 01:49:54 -0700

HI everyone,
This is my first posting on this group.
Well i am having a DB with UTF8 characterset and we insert french and english characters in it. i want to know that when i set my nls_lang=utf on my client side to insert special characters it give me error ORA-01756: quoted string not properly terminated . but when i set nls_lang=WE8ISO8859P1 it wokrs for me. can some one tell me what is the logic behind this and also what value of nls_lang should be set if my db is in UTF8 characterset.

Regards and Thanks in Advance.

Amar. Received on Wed Aug 17 2005 - 03:49:54 CDT