Re: Running 9.2 compiled applications on a 10g server

From: Wolfram Roesler <wr_at_spam.la>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:26:18 +0200

"Arun Mathur" <themathurs_at_gmail.com> wrote in news:1124118679.397940.120680 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> If your production server is running 10g, it'll be a good idea to have
> your development server be the same. Any chances of this happening?

No, unfortunately not because we've got 9.2 users to support. I'm currently planning to install a 9.2 client on the production server besides the 10g database, and point the application programs to the 9.2 ORACLE_HOME. Has anyone done this before? Are there any caveats or pitfalls?

Thanks for your help
W. Rösler Received on Wed Aug 17 2005 - 02:26:18 CDT