Re: Bind session to a Shared Server?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 01:55:12 GMT

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:25:52 +0000, NetComrade wrote:

> Is there are any way to do this?
> Would like to do this, so that we could look at a single trace file
> for a session, instead of multiple ones if a sql requests migrate from
> (shared) server to (shared) server.
> Besides the hassle of multiple trace files, I have seen a few times in
> the past where the execution plan was different in dedicated vs. mts.

Create a 10g installation on a separate machine. Then copy 9.2 files which contain the requested session to the 10g and assemble them with trcsess. I tested that with Oracle 10.2.0.1 and the trace files from 9.2.0.5. The trcsess program works like a charm on 9i traces. This is how you invoke trcsess:

trcsess output=/tmp/test.trc session='11.242' *.trc

'11.242' is 'SID.SERIAL#'. IF you take a look into one of your trace files, it usually contains something like:

That is what trcsess is looking for to assemble one large trace file which then can be analyzed by tkprof of wonderful Egor's tool (recommended). Also, I believe that you might be able to find some trace file analyzers on http://www.hotsos.com. If I am not mistaken, Hotsos should also have some people who would probably know how to optimize your application system, based on the RDBMS performance traces.
--
http://www.mgogala.com