oracle text wrong results?

From: <jimi_xyz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Aug 2005 11:51:25 -0700

Hi,
strange thing happens when i do a query. I am querying contract numbers, when i query the contract number example..
"F30093-01-C-119190", this is send into the api. The resulting list is
huge, and the contract number Im looking for isn't even in the list.

         But when i do the same exact query on a different column, the
"job order number" column, and i pass a "job order number" into the
api, example... "JQTIPS01" I get the exact contract i want. I was thinking maybe oracle text doesn't like "-" in the search string, im not to sure. Give me some ideas, if you need a part of the code tell me and i'll post it.

-jimmie Received on Tue Aug 16 2005 - 13:51:25 CDT