Re: Possible to check whether a COMMIT will fail?

From: Daniel <danielroy10_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Aug 2005 06:51:17 -0700

The only way I can think of is to go through all the constraints you think might be involved in the transaction (use CONSTRAINT_TYPE, SEARCH_CONDITION, STATUS, ... in *_CONSTRAINTS and everything in *_CONS_COLUMNS). Since the current transaction sees all the data (including the non-committed one), you should easily be able to tell which constraints are currently violated. I'm not sure if you want a generic script or a specific one, but I can tell you that a generic one would be much harder to code (I tried at some point to do something similar, and didn't achieve much success).

Daniel Received on Tue Aug 16 2005 - 08:51:17 CDT