Re: server IP adress and port

From: Matthias Kleinicke <Matthias.Kleinicke_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:39:58 +0200

Hi Mladen,

Mladen Gogala schrieb:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 06:25:56 -0700, Mark D Powell wrote:
>

>>select
>>  utl_inaddr.get_host_address as hip
>>from
>>  sys.dual

> Ohmigod! did oracle really implement nslookup in the database?
Why nlslookup. as I see this is simple the ip of the network connection. so no lookup.
> Unbelievable! The next thing will probably be something like
>
> SELECT UTL_NET.SSH('myhost.domain.com') FROM DUAL;
since the whole stuff is part of standard java implementations and there is a jvm inside the database I would not be surprised.

> Silly.

In my last project this whould have solved many problems. We were supposed to start Oracle Reports on an application server from database jobs.

Greetings

Matthias Received on Sat Aug 13 2005 - 15:39:58 CDT