Re: How Can I Keep non-DBAs From Viewing the Alert Log??

From: <xhoster_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Aug 2005 18:31:12 GMT

"Charles Davis" <cdavis10717_at_comcast.net> wrote:
> Any suggestions for keeping non-DBAs from browsing through the alert log
> in order to "help" the DBAs?

  1. Don't give the janitor and the night security guard an account on the database server.
  2. Hire a sufficient number of sufficiently competent DBAs that the non-DBAs don't have to browse through the alert log to figure out what the hell the problem is that is preventing them from getting their work done.

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service                        $9.95/Month 30GB