Re: How Can I Keep non-DBAs From Viewing the Alert Log??

From: <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Aug 2005 23:06:12 -0700

> Any suggestions for keeping non-DBAs from browsing through the alert log in
order to "help" the DBAs?

I take it that you allow the developers access to the oracle server filesystem to get at their trace files from events 10046 and 10053 (in development).
If you have a few developers that know what they are doing, by all means, encourage them to set tracefile identifiers and have at it in udump.

If this is a non-development database, they don't belong on the server filesystems, particularly anywhere under ORACLE_BASE.

As the alert log is under /bdump and not /udump - only allow the dba group read access in that directory (or the equivalent if you have renamed it).

Check out Pete Finnigan's site for security-related papers at:

http://www.petefinnigan.com/

hth.

-bdbafh Received on Sat Aug 13 2005 - 01:06:12 CDT