Re: How Can I Keep non-DBAs From Viewing the Alert Log??

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 05:42:15 GMT

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:52:30 -0400, Charles Davis wrote:

> Any suggestions for keeping non-DBAs from browsing through the alert log in
> order to "help" the DBAs?

If the "non-DBA" is syastem administrator, then the answer is a resounding "no". If, on the other hand, users are having access to the database server, then you have an organizational problem. The only time when users should be able to access the database server directly is when the hell freezes over.

--
http://www.mgogala.com