DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST_SIZE

From: Uwe Schmidt <uwe.schmidt_at_dataport.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:13:22 +0200

Hello NG,

we use ORACLE 10g on SUSE SLES9 LINUX.

Can I switch off the parameters:

DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST_SIZE
DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST We don't use the RMAN and we have problems, when the value for DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST_SIZE is reached. I always make the value for DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST_SIZE bigger and bigger but it never shrinks. I put the offline RedoLogs to a different path on our storage system but oracle recognizes the value for the size.

What can we do?
Do you have an idea?

Uwe Received on Fri Aug 12 2005 - 07:13:22 CDT