Re: sending a clob in the refcursor?

From: amogh <amogh.r_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:33:06 +0530

jimi_xyz_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there anyway to select a clob with the refcursor? Let me explain.
>
> mytable =
>
> id | name | addressCLOB = type clob
> -----------------------
> 1 | Tom | NY
> 2 | Sal | CA
> 3 | Jed | PA
> 4 | ed | NJ
>

> Now what i want to do is...
> api code..
>
> GlSql := 'select id, name, addressCLOB from mytable ' ||
> 'where id = 2';
>
> OPEN cv for glSql;
>

> -I have been working with a larger query and keep getting this error
>
> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> ORA-01003: no statement parsed
>
> I beleive its because of the Clob but i am not sure.
>
> Thank you,
> Jimmie

Fetching a Clob through a REF Cursor is possible the way you have shown above. The error you are getting may be because of something else. Try fetching the id,name attributes and then the clob column separately,and see if you still hit the error. Can you post the code or a snippet where the clob is fetched thru the REF Cursor?

Regards,
Amogh Received on Fri Aug 12 2005 - 02:03:06 CDT