Re: CBO Subquery Limitations

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Aug 2005 00:17:16 -0700

> IIRC Peoplesoft is a so-called 'Database Agnostic' application, and
> requires RBO.
>
> Apart from that Database Agnostic applications usually only support
> the Worst Common Denominator of versions supported.

That doesn't actually answer my question....

If you read my post again you'll see that I am actually concerned about the CBO's ability to adequately optimize SQL involving subqueries. I suspect that most applications out there (whether DB agnostic or not) make some use of subqueries.

I have some doubts about the CBO's accuracy for subquery plans. I am having to hint a large amount of SQL to avoid these inaccuracies. What I am asking is whether things have improved in 10g.

Matt Received on Thu Aug 11 2005 - 02:17:16 CDT